CalCal for your business: Consultants and Advisors


Consultants and Advisors

IT Consultancy, Architects, Lawyers, Translators...

      • With CalCal you can:
      • Automatically generate and email professional invoices.
      • Snap your expense receipts with the mobile app.
      • Send your self-assessment and VAT returns.

Tailored for your consultancy business

CalCal comes ready set up for you.

Self Employed consultants must register with HMRC and declare their earnings. If your income is below the personal allowance, you’ll still need to declare everything to HMRC using a self-assessment tax return
You need your UTR (unique tax reference) and a user ID and password. Do not have
them, apply them here:

Register for Self Assessment tax return:

It takes almost 10 working days that the HMRC sends you a letter with your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) 7 working days to get an activation code by post after your application submission.

How long to keep your records?
Remember, you must keep your records for at least 6 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year

Compare Pricing and Sign Up now


Simple calendar-based accounting for a consultancy business

[Limited*]Customers, suppliers, assets
[Most]Downloadable PDF reports
[Trial]Drag-and-drop bank import
[Reports only] VAT

*Subject to change; currently 25 customers, 5 suppliers, 5 assets



For sole traders and limited companies

✔ Customer invoices, statements, supplier debt tracking

✔ Snap and save receipts on our mobile app

✔ Track assets with capital allowances

✔ Sync bank transactions automatically

Sole traders:

✔ Send your Self-Assessment straight from CalCal*

*On monthly, min. 3 months membership to unlock


with VAT

For sole traders and limited companies

⬅ ALL of the non-VAT features, PLUS

✔ VAT returns straight to HMRC

✔ MTD (Making Tax Digital) customers supported